Tex-Mex clam chowder
- 4 strips of bacon
- 2 stalks of celery
- 1 small onion
- 16 oz jar of salsa(heat depending on your taste)
- 32 oz chicken broth(box size)
- 3 large red potatoes, cut into quarters
- 2 garlic cloves
- 2 dozen de-shelled clams(steam or boil first)
- (canned clams can be used to replace fresh clams)
- Sauté chopped up bacon until some of the fat renders.
- Add diced onion and celery and sweat for a couple of minutes.
- Add minced garlic and sauté for another minute.
- Pour the entire jar of salsa into the pot and bring to a boil.
- Lower the heat to medium and let the salsa reduce for a couple of minutes.
- Add the chicken broth and potatoes to the pot. Bring to a boil again.
- Simmer for 15-20 minutes.
- Add clams and heat through for a minute.