Here’s a salad that’s perfect for school lunches and picnics. The dressing can stay out for a while and is creamy enough for tweeners to love. Just ask my daughter Nina who devours it!
Also, if you tuck plastic wrap over the top of the salad before closing the lid, there’s less mess during travel.
- (single serving)
- 3-4 romaine lettuce leaves(use the inner crisper leaves for maximum crunch)
- 1/2 mango
- 1/2 red bell pepper
- 1/2 cooked chicken breast(grilled, baked or poached)
- 2 tbs cream cheese
- 1 tbs south of border rub or favorite taco seasoning
- 1/2 tbs lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 2 tbs chunky salsa(optional)
- Shred lettuce and place on the bottom of container.
- Cube mango and red bell pepper. Sprinkle it over the lettuce.
- Cube or shred chicken and place it on top.
- Mix all the dressing ingredients except for salsa. Drizzle dressing over the salad.
- Add salsa for even more flavor.
If dressing is too thick, add a little water or extra lemon juice to thin out.