It’s the mid-week hump again–you know, the one that followed me here from last week. And the weather is cool outside with a very strong possibility of rain, which is needed in this drought so, bring on the rain! (But not until my son’s track meet is over this afternoon.) As I mentioned earlier this week, I had this incredible green tea ice cream over warm chocolate cake at Ozuma on Mother’s Day. Taking the essence of that dessert, I made myself a matcha chocolate latte to help me cross the finish line.
- 1 1/2 tsp matcha green tea
- 2 tsp unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2-3 tsp sugar (depending on how sweet you like your drinks)
- 1 cup of low-fat or whole milk
- hot water
- Place the matcha, cocoa powder, and sugar in a mug. Pour 2-3 tbs of boiling water in the mug.
- Stir until everything is dissolved with no lumps. (Using chopsticks to stir is helpful.)
- Microwave 1 cup of milk for about 2 minutes. (Watch carefully, and do not let milk boil.)
- Add warm milk to the mug. Reserve some milk to foam.
- Using a hand held foamer, whisk the milk until foam develops.
- Add foam to the top of the latte.