I’m still on Hawaii time. On the Big Island, I was a morning person, getting up at dawn, marveling at the sunrise on the lanai with a cup of coffee. Here on the slow coast, it takes me two cups of coffee to greet the morning, and finally as the fog lifts, my day begins. The time change isn’t the only thing I haven’t gotten out of my system. Macadamia nuts, anyone?
- 1 c basil
- 1/4 c olive oil
- 1/3 c macademia nuts
- 1 garlic clove
- 3 tbs parmesan cheese
- pinch of salt
- 1 tbs lemon juice(optional)
- Crush macadamia nuts in mortar and pestle(or use food processor).
- Add 1 c basil and garlic clove. Mash together.
- Drizzle in olive oil and combine mixture. Add salt and parmesan cheese at the end.
- Adding lemon juice is optional. It will keep the pesto looking greener.