fajita pizza on the grill
- 1.5 lbs of flank steak
- 2 tbs. of South of the Border Rub or taco seasonings
- 1.5 tbs. olive oil
- 3 bell peppers(any color combo)
- 1 small onion
- 1 tsp. salt
- 2-3 flat breads or pizza rounds
- 2-3 c of your favorite shredded cheese
- Slice small, thin strips of flank steak on a bias.
- Marinate steak with 2 tbs. rub and 1/2 tbs. olive oil(leave in fridge for an hour).
- Slice bell peppers and onion thinly.
- Preheat a cast iron skillet or foiled pan(the entire bottom of pan needs to be covered with foil) on a hot grill.
- Saute onions in 1 tbs. of oil for 2 minutes. Add peppers and salt, and sauté for another 3 minutes.
- Add steak and cook just until it is no longer pink and pull pan to the side.
- Toast bread on the grill. Once toasted, place them on the cooler side of the grill.
- Smother bread with steak and peppers. Sprinkle cheese and lower the lid on the grill for 2-5 minutes or until cheese has melted.